MOUNT ARJUNA WELIRANG TREKKING
Descriptive day to day itinerary :
If you are arriving by morning flight you can directly continue trekking, if you are arriving by noon flight you will need to stay overnight at hotel then start trekking the next day.
DAY 01: SURABAYA – TRETES – PONDOK WELIRANG - LEMBAH KIJANG (L,D)
Upon your arrival at Surabaya airport by morning flight, your guide will pick you up at the airport then drive to Tretes area. From Tretes you will start trekking to Lembah Kijang Camp for about 4-5 hours trekking. Lembah Kijang base camp lays at the foot of Welirang volcano, we will pass through farmlands, meeting friendly locals and getting to see them at work on their farms and going about their daily activities. We’ll also trek through dense jungle where deer and other kinds of wildlife can be seen, if we’re lucky we might spot some of the local fauna. Lembah Kijang means ‘valley of the deer’ and during the night you may hear their loud calls to their mates.
DAY 02: SUMMIT OF MOUNT WELIRANG VOLCANO (3156m) – WOT LEMAH CAMP (B,L,D)
Today we will trek from Lembah Kijang base camp to the summit of Welirang Volcano. We will start trekking before dawn, on the top of Welirang, we will have the chance to enjoy the beautiful view of sunrise and we’ll explore the crater and its large fumaroles field, the sites where the sulfur is being quarried using primitive tools. We plan to arrive back to camp by10:00am. Then after late breakfast we will continue a short trek to Wot Lemah camp. And we will set the campsite here.
DAY 03: SUMMIT OF MOUNT ARJUNO (3339m) – CANGAR – SURABAYA AIRPORT (B,L).
Today we have another summit trek, this time to the summit of Arjuna Volcano. From our camp we commence an interesting trek pass two small peaks, Kembar 1 and 2, which are also part of the Welirang/Arjuna mountain chain. The trek to the summit normally takes approx 3 hours. Once we reach the summit we spend some time admiring the view and taking photos, then we will start trekking down the mountain to Cangar area, if time permit you can spend a little time here before proceed to Surabaya airport for your flight to your next destination.
*** END OF SERVICE ***
· All land arrangement start and end at Surabaya airport
· Accommodation as stated in the tour program
· Meals as stated on above program (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
· Experienced English speaking mountain guide
· Dome tent, Cooking gears
· Mattress and Sleeping bag (You can bring your own if you like)
· Climb permit & Entrance Fee to the sites
· Mountain porter to carry climbing equipment & food provision.
You only carry your personal belonging (water for during the trek and rain coat) in your day pack, while some of your other stuff you do not need during the trek you can leave at guest house and the stuff you need for 3 Days 2 Nights trek you can leave to our porters team.
· Travel Insurance
· All Flights
· Extra Baggage and Airport Tax
· Airport & Hotel Porters
· Extra Meals & Beverages (Alcoholic, Soft drink, Mini bar at hotel)
· Optional Tours & Services are not mentioned on the itinerary
· Private expenses (Laundry, Phone call etc)
· Any expenses due to flight delay or flight cancellation